Submarine Graveyard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Not really dive related, but I thought the pictures where neat. I guarentee these went deeper than most of us ever will. It is a sculture in Seattle, Washington (Magnuson Park) using the dive planes from de-commissioned submarines to look like a pod of Orcas. Both of the submarines (USS John Adams SSBN 620 and USS Bergall SN 667) I served on in the Navy contributed their dive planes to this sculpture. That is me next to the sail plane from the USS John Adams.

Attachments

• _MG_5719a800.jpg
    _MG_5719a800.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 161
  • _MG_5726a800.jpg
    _MG_5726a800.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 314
  • _MG_5791a800.jpg
    _MG_5791a800.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 148
  • _MG_5701a1024.jpg
    _MG_5701a1024.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 213
Cool pics, Mike...

Didn't know you were a submariner...

Very nice pictures. I didn't know you are a submariner either. A man of many talents.

How is your wife doing? It was a pleasure to meet you both at Jocassee last year.

She will be finishing up the OW cert soon. We plan on doing a Monterey dive later this year.

Mike

Neat pictures thanks for sharing.

hey cool.

I just got out last year from the navy, fast attack submariner myself. Getting my OW cert this weekend :)

Excellent, welcome to the ranks!

Mike

thanks. just don't call me shipmate. :wink:

mike, were you a nuke or a coner? what do you do for a living, anything military related?

Back
Top Bottom