Subic Trip Report - 10 March 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stvbrit:
IMHO Kev"s observation is valid, 1st dive in 6 months, OW certification, depth in excess of 30 m
inside cargo hold of the LST? Their profile brought them through an overhead environement, not advisable without special training and equipment.

Iris is no stranger to 30m, in much worse conditions. I have no doubt she can handle this dive.:)

I agree that going inside presents additional risks. So my serious question is, what class/certification qualifies a diver to swim through the LST? What special training and equipment would you use?

Matthew:
Iris is no stranger to 30m, in much worse conditions. I have no doubt she can handle this dive.:)

I agree that going inside presents additional risks. So my serious question is, what class/certification qualifies a diver to swim through the LST? What special training and equipment would you use?

I'm not sure, because I'm not an instructor, but I think that the PADI advanced open water and specialty wreck course could cover the training required.

Although, it may be overkill to require it for some sites. But I dunno... just an opinion.

P.S. while I may not know iris, and in probably no position to judge her skills, anyone who uses as little air as she does is probably not a nervous newbie. :D

jeremygo:
I'm not sure, because I'm not an instructor, but I think that the PADI advanced open water and specialty wreck course could cover the training required.

Although, it may be overkill to require it for some sites. But I dunno... just an opinion.

P.S. while I may not know iris, and in probably no position to judge her skills, anyone who uses as little air as she does is probably not a nervous newbie. :D

she's beyond being a nervous newbie bro. she has done coron prior to this.

Great sac rate- she used 800psi for a 33min. dive -and hit 100+ ft--(I'm assuming on a AL80)

On 2-22 I dove the LST and did about the same profile (105ft) and I used 2483psi in 42 min. on a AL80. That's one thing guys are never going to beat girls at, and that is ....air consumption.

Great. Fantastic SAC Rate in an Overhead, 30m deep on a Single Tank. . .

Would that be enough to get her out while gas-sharing with an Out-of-Air buddy AND performing all the necessary Deco Stops? That's also assuming she finds her way out of the Wreck in the ensuing silt-out, and narc'd as well because she's using an Air Mix??

Again, congratulations on a scary/fun dive without incident. . .

Someone's fishing...no one's biting...sad. :wink:

awwwww... you'd dive with me anytime? i'm so touched, guys :blush:

next time, i promise to be more prepared in wreck dives - i won't forget the following life-saving paraphernalia: larry's pink hat and tassles!

419824155_12330b27a6.jpg

419825335_51dcce398d_m.jpg

:boings:

clgsamson:
don't want to waste my time....:wink:

And here I was thinking that only religious groups have proselytizing wackos...:wink:

Back
Top Bottom