Subic Bay Dive operations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never been there, but heard Subic have a nice ship wrecks dive.

pakman:
I really don't see why you keep raising "floater's" bad experience everytime Johan's is mentioned.
Why? To be the other side of the coin. He wanted to do things in a more DIR fashion, which was dismissed as unsafe. Johan can run the shop the way he wants but I think that anyone who is thinking of diving with him should know and make their own decision.

Who do some people have a problem with pointing out a less than steller review?

Halthron:
Why? To be the other side of the coin. He wanted to do things in a more DIR fashion, which was dismissed as unsafe. Johan can run the shop the way he wants but I think that anyone who is thinking of diving with him should know and make their own decision.

Who do some people have a problem with pointing out a less than steller review?

My problems at Johan's weren't directly DIR based, though that contributed. There were many little things that people can read about in my bad experience thread, but the main point of disagreement came from the fact that I was using ANDI's GAP-RGBM dive planner to plan my deco. Johan felt it was too short, however, rather than asking me politely to do more deco (which would not have been a problem for me), he became flat out rude and confrontational. Then when I left because of this treatment (around 3 PM I think) he insisted on charging for a whole extra day (usual check out time would have been around noon), which was another low move on his part imo. And the deco dives he wanted me to do sucked in terms of sites, not to mention the times and gases.

dingho:
if you are inside SBMA, look for BOARDWALK DIVE CENTER own by local that know the wrecks well, friendly very good service, with an unbelievable Pilipino low price even for foreigner like me, the owner is a very jolly fellow. mr. George Ang Cell # +63 918 888 28 88, tel # 047 2525357 e him at joji168globelines.com.ph contact George and enjoy your diving.

Wow, that is cheap. Thanks for the info, i've been looking for a cheap dive shop in subic bay. Another plus is Boardwalk is inside the bay, where all the bars are located, won't get bored if we decide to go overnight.

surprise!!! I just want to thanks Broadwalk Dive Center regarding the wonderful experience when I dove there! why this ugly Johan issue came out, what is it. is that things related to diving.

I just got back home after spending about 2 weeks diving at Johans...except for not being punctual I have only good things to say about the place...a single tank bimble with nitrox is about 1500 P, if I remember right (I dove mostly doubles)...

Hi Jop,
Nice to see a familiar face, BTW we now have a positive i.d. on the Bomber, it's an AJ-2 Savage!!! Happy Holidays Buddy
Regards,
Steve a.k.a "Capt'n Hook"

Steve, is that the "tail" wreck? nice job i.d.ing it... Johan's been trying to get me to dive it last time i was there. I understand it's only the tail, although I hear its pretty huge...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom