Sub Aquatic Suits drysuit care

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I bought a used dry suit from a retired diver on craigslist, and it is just beautiful and fits me perfectly; I was lucky to find it. The problem is, he lost the manufacturers manual and I can't find anything about the proper care online.

So, I was wondering if anyone here has ever used a SAS dry suit and knows how the manufacturer recommends it to be stored. For starters, some say to store it with the zipper open and some say with the zipper closed. Anyone know the proper way for this suit?

Thank you,

Stuart

Hi guys,

So I bought a used dry suit from a retired diver on craigslist, and it is just beautiful and fits me perfectly; I was lucky to find it. The problem is, he lost the manufacturers manual and I can't find anything about the proper care online.

So, I was wondering if anyone here has ever used a SAS dry suit and knows how the manufacturer recommends it to be stored. For starters, some say to store it with the zipper open and some say with the zipper closed. Anyone know the proper way for this suit?

Thank you,

Stuart

I have the same questions about a Typhoon ProSport. Upside down seems to be the best way to dry a drysuit after use, agree? Also is there any treatment recomended for the Latex neck and cuff seals?

Looks like we might not get much advice here Stuart. "Google" Scuba Drysuit Maintance and you will find some good info.. as for the zipper, some say closed, other open. What I read led me to think open is better.
I wish the manufactures would put more "official" information online for people like us who get used suits.

I store my suit with the zipper opened. After the dive, I hang it upside down and let it dry. Sometimes I have to put a fan inside to speed up the drying of condensation. I then wax the zipper, while it is in the closed position, and work it open/closed a couple of times. Once finished, I leave the zipper opened and roll the suit up and place it back into its storage bag.
Hope this helps.
BTW, I am sure you will receive plenty of differing opinions as well:wink:

It's not really all that difficult, You need to make sure you don't stress the zipper, or stretch or puncture the seals. I quess it really depends on how you hang it, and were the zipper is located. "front zip, back zip". My suit is a trilaminate suit with front zip and external zipper. I leave the waterproof zipper open and zip the out zipper. I fold the suit in half over a dowel rod for storage. Scent free talc is usually recomended for the latex seals. Best bet is to look up the manufacturer and get their recomendations.

Thanks guys, this helped. I didn't really have much of an idea, but it seems like the general consensus online is to leave the zipper open and to store it in the bag. Thanks again =D

Thanks guys, this helped. I didn't really have much of an idea, but it seems like the general consensus online is to leave the zipper open and to store it in the bag. Thanks again =D

Only if it is bone dry of course.

I'm still trying to find unscented talc at a reasonable price or locally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom