Stupid question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boomer7

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking at changing out my inflater hose but the one I got to install looks so short. What is the length of the hose on the halcyon wings?

The standard length the wings ship with is 22 inches. You can get them in other sizes from EE or other places if you need another size.
HTH

Yeap, Halcyon's standard hoses are 22 inches. Another source you could look into for longer hoses might be www.diveriteexpress.com.

Boomer7:
I am looking at changing out my inflater hose but the one I got to install looks so short. What is the length of the hose on the halcyon wings?

Are you talking about the corrigated hose or the LP hose ( the one that connects to the reg)

If you are talking about the corrigated hose it's quite common for new wing users to think the corrigated hose is too short. It takes a little time to adapt. As long as you can orally inflate (even if you have to turn your head a bit) it's long enough.

If you are talking about the LP hose, it needs to be of the correct lenght to route smoothly from your reg to the inflator. Different tank heights, different regs and the resultant hose routing all can impact the ideal LP hose lenght. If it really a problem with the LP hose, build up your rig and measure, then order the correct lenght.

Try here, I've been happy with all the hoses I've had them make for me.

http://www.techdivinglimited.com/

Tobin

The primary concerns are that the inflator rests at a convenient spot for you and that the LP inflator hose is long enough to connect to the inflator while at the same time not being overly long to the point of sticking out with a loop.

I should have been more specific. I am replacing the corrigated hose on my OMS wing (non Bungie). The corrigated hose is very long and interfears with my 02 bottle. . I was given a brand new one but it just does not look right.

Boomer7:
I should have been more specific. I am replacing the corrigated hose on my OMS wing (non Bungie). The corrigated hose is very long and interfears with my 02 bottle. . I was given a brand new one but it just does not look right.

Brian,

My advice remains the same. Mount it up and dive it. As long as you can reach it to orally inflate, and you can secure it on your right shoulder strap, it should be OK. It takes a while to get used to a short inflator, particularly if you have been using a "reef dragger"

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom