Stupid question time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Colliam7:
Interesting. Looked at the scuba.com prices and they are not dramatically lower than prices I have seen at my own LDS for steel tanks. (Part of that lack of difference may be that they offer 'Free Shipping', which is anything but free for weighty tanks.) It seems a bit surprising that they would not be able to come closer (i.e. within $20-$30/tank) than your post indiciates, but that is their business decision, I guess. Scuba.com offers XS Scuba steel tanks, as well as Faber. You may want to get comment from those who own the XS Scuba tanks, about their experience. (I am more familiar with PST and Worthington, and would like to know if others find the XS tanks durable, etc.) The 119s are a nice tank, BTW.
XS Scuba distributes Worthington tanks. They're not a separate tank manufacturer. Just like ScubaPro, OMS and others used to sell tanks made by Faber.

CompuDude:
XS Scuba distributes Worthington tanks. They're not a separate tank manufacturer. Just like ScubaPro, OMS and others used to sell tanks made by Faber.
Thanks! Good to know. I was wondering if they were a distributor for a manufacturer, just didn't know who.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom