Stuart Beach fatal attack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My daughter surfs but......... NOT NOW.
NFW I'm letting her sit on a board out there with her feet dangling like a teaser.

My daughter surfs but......... NOT NOW.
NFW I'm letting her sit on a board out there with her feet dangling like a teaser.

My daughter just mentioned that she and a GF had planned to go after school, but she ended up having to do a Year Book thing. (good!).

It is really going off tonight at double roads clean and shoulder to head high. Actually better than the pier. A lot of surfers this moment at double roads. Further north not so good.

A buddy called from "north" Palm Beach (island) and said it is really going off there. I did not get where exactly but headed over to the beach to check it out when he called me.

Bluffs too huh? Now YOU are a neighbor.

What makes you think he didn't know that?
For one who talks too much as I do at times, I still fail to include all the right words sometimes. "For the benefit of any who may not know, there is also a fish known as dolphin - which is what he was fishing for" would have been more appropriate I suppose.

What makes you think he didn't know that?

Don can answer for himself, but it IS a common misconception.

More so even now that "Mahi" has become the more common term for the "dolphin fish" in eateries and markets.

Fact is, the marketers changed the name for that very reason.

oh, Don did. LOL

It took me a few moments to see the dorsal fins myself but there they were......no more than 50 yards or so off the beach. Several dorsal fins, not just one.
It it weren't for the fact that there were more than one, I might have gone in...but knowing that bulls are around and they are schoolers, I thought better of it.

I guess I don't feel so bad that I was at work while the nice waves were rolling in!

Thanks that makes me feel a little better. I imagine I'll still be really uncomfortable in the water with a shark(s).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom