Structural Engineer Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

48 mpg,

The way my pay works is that my yearly salary is divided by 2080 (working hours in a year 40 x 52) which is my hourly pay. If I work more than 40 hours a week I get my hourly pay for those hours, no time and a half.

If I'm on a dive job I get dive pay for that day and also a gear rental fee. (We supply our own gear and the company pays us to "rent" it)

If I'm traveling I usually get the government per diem rate for that location plus hotel paid for.

well, i've since become gainfully employed so I can now contribute to my own question.

my pay is similar to what WagnerDiver's is. I get a flat hourly rate. no time and a half. I use the company hat so I dont get a rental fee. I do get hotels paid for and gov. per diem and mileage if I use my own vehicle, which I try to do as little as possible with gas prices these days.

looking to get state reciprocity for NY & CT from FL for my PE. once I get those, that should help out some too.

I work for a recruiting firm in NJ and am trying to fill a position for a Marine Engineer, preferrabley with a P.E., and 7+ years diving experience. Can anyone help?

I also have a few questions for dive engineers.

1) What are salaries like for dive engineers with a P.E. license? I really think I would enjoy the it which is my primary motivation for looking into this line of work but before I make a major career path change and invest my hard earned dollars in a commercial dive school I'd like to know if I'll get a return on my investment.

2) Are dive engineers home most nights or are you constantly getting sent out of town, living in hotels etc...?

Thanks.

To help with bridge inspections there are lots of technologies available. I have created a website Underwater Inspection that lists all sorts of tools and technologies for underwater inspection work. If you are new to the industry this could be a good resource for you to get more information about general underwater inspection and learn about the tools and technologies that are available.

Back
Top Bottom