Stroke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Further testing (MRA and TEE) indicate no issues which may cause another. Additionally, he had a stress test and got it up to 13 METS without any adverse reaction. Will continue to focus on the PT and pray!!

What do they think caused the initial event?

Cerebral artery occlusion, unspecified, with cerebral infarction

But no hint as to the etiology of the occlusion? I'm guessing that the tests he had ruled out PFO or other septal defect, along with any visible arterial disease or AV malformations, or other abnormalities?

No hint at all. At this point just grateful there was no resulting paralysis.

No hint at all. At this point just grateful there was no resulting paralysis.

Definitely a good thing to be grateful for.

I know that all the information here is thirdhand and I'm not involved in his care at all, but I do think it's concerning that no cause was identified and corrected. For that reason alone, I'd be hesitant to clear him to dive.

The correction has been to put him on Plavix and Losartan for BP and blood thinning

The correction has been to put him on Plavix and Losartan for BP and blood thinning

Hopefully that does it for him. It's still worrisome that they didn't find any arterial abnormalities. Were his coagulation studies normal?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom