Strobe recommendation for S95 in Ikelite housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I approached them seeking a package deal to save money (cost was presented as an issue - initially I did not want to get a strobe as I sprung for the FIX housing instead), and a compact strobe to match the compact nature of the FIX housing.

So, when cost and size where the motivating factors (for me), this is what they recommended.

I recommend giving reef photo a call about your goals for your photography system. They are very knowledgable and can explain pros/cons of your different choices.

The Inon and Sea & Sea Strobes (Ys-01, Ys-02, Ys-110a) are all great options. They will give you TTL with the Canon S95 when used with a fiber optic cable, except when the Canon S95 is in manual mode.

Is the manual mode the same as the program mode which allows for shooting in RAW format? Will the TTL work in the programable mode? Thanks for your help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom