Strobe question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi fowks,

I have a bit of a dilemma going on an I'd really starting to run out of time now.

Decided to buy myself a Sealife DC1400 with strobe for my next diving holiday. I leave for Malta in two days time and I'm still not prepared.

I mistakingly bought a DC1400 with the video light online a few weeks ago. Once I realised my mistake after opening the box I sent this back and bought a DC1400 with the HD Pro strobe (known as the Digital Pro Flash on the Sealife website).

This duly arrived the other day but upon opening the delivery box I found I'd been sent a DC1400 with the Sea Dragon Strobe :shakehead:. I'm in two minds whether or not to keep this and use it on my holiday, or whether to send it back and go without a camera...

Just to confirm, is the Sea Dragon flash the older version of the HD Pro? Looking on the Sealife website, the only camera+light bundles that they list are Sea Dragon ones.

The Digital Pro Flash (the rounded one) is the older model. The Sea Dragons are the newer line. It looks like you ordered the old one, but got the new one.

Bonus.!

Ah, well in that case I dont feel so bad

I was just unsure cause the part numbers seemed to suggest that the Sea Dragon was the new one. Yet prices suggested the HD Pro was the new as it was a bit more expensive.

Off to retract my Ebay "Return Request" now :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom