Strobe for C-5050 - Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee once bubbled...
Gilligan....when I paid Yuzo for my FE tray via Paypal, I didn't pay any kind of conversion fee. The money was transferred from my checking account to Paypal and I sent it in US funds. I think Yuzo was the one who told me to do it this way. Maybe it's different if you use a credit card.
I did mine the exact same way a few weeks back:D

Dee:
...I am a diver who takes photos, not a photographer who dives. No shot is worth damaging the environment or harassing the livestock and there will always be another shot. When it stops being fun, leave the camera on the boat.

Dee,
EXACTLY!! Getting into diving for the third time in my life, I'm shocked by the number of people underwater and the damage some do. Usually less experienced divers...BUT also some experienced enough to know better, who foundering as they wrestle with megabuck photo rigs the size of small appliances to get that "once in a lifetime" shot.

Just bought a DS-50, slave sensor&tray kit for the little C5050/PT015 rig with which I've managed a few decent shots (see gallery), mainly because it *looked* small and simple, and because it should work with daughter's Canon S70 and housing. (Didn't know enough about Yuzo and INON and we leave for Dominica and Saba on Friday!).

It's a lot bigger and more complicated than I'd envisaged! Any suggestions on how to use this properly, especially to reduce the shutter lag and waits between shots would be much appreciated. We also want to dive and enjoy, and--most of all-- do as little damage to the amazing world down there as possible.

fyi - Inon is no longer doing the 180 according to the web site...

The D-2000 replaces both...
Don't know if true or not, so don't shoot the messenger eh?? ;-))
Linked:
http://www.inonamerica.com/products.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

D-180 Strobe $509.00
This product has been discontinued and is no longer available. It has been replaced by the D-2000 strobe

D-180S Strobe $449.00
This product has been discontinued and is no longer available. It has been replaced by the D-2000 strobe

D-2000 Strobe $509.00
Highly advanced new generation strobe with mutiple flash modes, including S-TTL, External Auto, 13-step Manual & Nikonos TTL. 20 Guide Number (ISO 100, Air x 1 meter; GN=65/feet), 100 degree circular beam, shutter-linked manual ON, auto OFF focus/target light, advanced pre-flash cancel circuitry, compatible with INON “Clear Photo System"
~~~~~~~`
220s seem to still be available...

Yeah...almost a year ago!

I saw the D-2000 strobe at DEMA...very slick!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom