strobe arm and base/tray for Inon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CLA

Reaction score
I'm planning to purchase an InonD220w for my 5060/PT-020. What strobe arm- base/tray would be best for it? ULCS seems to be a very popular brand but Inon also has it's own arm and base. Has anyone tried using the Inon arm set? Do you think it would be better to get the arm from the company which makes the strobe? Also, How many arm links should i get and how long should they be? I would like to get a system which can be used for both wide angle and macro (but macro > wide). Ill be using it in tropical waters but visiblility here can vary from good to bad depending on the season.

Thanks in advance.

I cannot comment on Inon arms...there strobes are great though!

I have used Ike, TLC & ULCS arms and I prefer the ULCS. One 8" and one 4" / 5" per side work fine for me. I also shoot more macro / fish portraits tham WA.

HTH,
Dave

I use all ULCS components and like them. I also have an 8" segment and then a 5" segment. Let's me get my strobe wherever i need it.

I got my INON strobe with an Inon tray and arm. I didn't like the tray and arm much, but used them anyway. It was difficult to fasten the camera to the tray so that it didn't swivel back and forth some. And the joints on the arm wouldn't tighten down enough to hold the weight of the strobe when out of the water. Eventually, I cracked one of the joints from tightening it too much. Replaced the joints & tray with ULCS equipment, and am much happier now. It may cost about 25% more than the INON stuff, but I think it's definitely worth it.

-Mark

It was difficult to fasten the camera to the tray so that it didn't swivel back and forth some.

I had the same problem on another setup, used Velcro, small patch, attached to the housing and tray, either to the side or around the base screw... just a small one to hold it steady, about the size of a dime.. also used it on a QL6 light I use, locks it down good... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom