Trays, arms and clamps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hcklo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi shooters

After almost 2 years of shooting with a tg6 and a 1x inon s2000 strobe is time for me to upgrade a little bit my UW photo équipements.

The big thing that I want to change is my tray, Arms and clamps. I currently have the

And several clamps/arms from different shops.

The tray has some issues (the balls from the tray turns on itself even if I unscrew, clean, rescrew).
The clamps has several issues (the thread of the screws was dead, I change the screw already, it is getting better but the general quality of the clamps seems low).

I am looking to find some equipment that is durable, I always clean my équipement after a dive, I even clean the clamps in an ultrasound bath to make sure they are clean.

So my question is, would you have a recommendable supplier of trays/clamp/arms in Europe if possible

Thanks for your help

Have a chat with the guys at fotografit.eu. They can help you out.

I have found Howshot clamps and similar gear to be good value (bought from https://www.divervision.com). It also interoperates pretty well with Ultralight Control Systems (ULCS) gear. I would say ULCS is the most popular "quality" brand in Canada / US. You can't go wrong with either IMHO, but in Asia Howshot stuff may be cheaper. I have picked up some "kitdive" clamps and arms, and while not terrible, I prefer the Howshot stuff.

Superb shop +1

They gave me a quotation for a camera set up with housing and lenses about $3K less than what Backscatter quoted me, same BoQ plus free DHL shipping to Libya.

They gave me a quotation for a camera set up with housing and lenses about $3K less than what Backscatter quoted me, same BoQ plus free DHL shipping to Libya.
Do people ordering from outside EU pay the "Tax Excl" price? I would likely have to pay Canadian taxes on import, and I hate to be taxed twice.

Do people ordering from outside EU pay the "Tax Excl" price?
Yes, no tax on exported goods, you will only have to pay an import tax for Canada.

Do people ordering from outside EU pay the "Tax Excl" price? I would likely have to pay Canadian taxes on import, and I hate to be taxed twice.
No tax if shipped outside EU. No tax for me in Libya either 😃

I’m fortunate to have access to a community college machine shop. Back in my Nikonos days I had a box full of trays, arms, and connectors, but found myself retuning to my stripped down version of a random steel tray and an aluminum arm a machinist friend made for me. I plan to do the same thing in Delrin for my digital mini rig.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom