Strobe and The REst

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brizzolatti

Contributor
Reaction score
I am finally going to get a strobe. Looking at the YS90 on the recommendation of folks here. Supplier I'm looking at has auto only which they say supercedes the DX.

Am I right in assuming I need the following other bits of kit?:

arm, tray, cable.

And what would you recommend for these? I see there are choices of arms (flexi, long, short!), trays and cables!! Decisions, decisions. Help!!

You are right in assuming that you need the remaining items in order to mount and use a strobe. There are plenty of threads on this board if you search that describe these things.

However, IMHO I would seek further advice before buying the YS90DX Auto only because I think most of us use the YS90DX in a slave mode, adjusting it manually, with the camera in a manual mode. Perhaps someone with an Auto can chime in here to help out.

Also the Auto does not really supercede the other its just adds other capabilities to the YS90 line.
TedJ

you might want to check this strobe out its being recomended by allot of the dealers and others i have talked to not sure why other than two pointsa keep being brought up it has a higher brightness and round angle and its very easy to set up .
IRON 180 and IRON 200 I was going with the sea and sea and so far three of the dealers i have talked to recomend these others over the YS90 .

The YS90AUTO isn't necessarily an improvement over the YS90DX, in fact alot of us don't think so and have chosen the DX. I much prefer the simpler manual operation of the 90DX.

Another strobe to consider is the INON D-180 or the Z-200s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom