Strobe and/or Video Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StevePratt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi.

I currently own a GoPro and SeaLife trays, arms and video lights. I'm planning to add a DC 1400 to the mix. I'm hoping to put the GoPro on the DC 1400, and the DC 1400 on the tray so I can take videos and stills. The problem is, I'm not sure what do do about lighting.

Can I get good lighting for stills with my two video lights (1500 and 1200 lumens), or is a strobe a must have?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Hi.

I currently own a GoPro and SeaLife trays, arms and video lights. I'm planning to add a DC 1400 to the mix. I'm hoping to put the GoPro on the DC 1400, and the DC 1400 on the tray so I can take videos and stills. The problem is, I'm not sure what do do about lighting.

Can I get good lighting for stills with my two video lights (1500 and 1200 lumens), or is a strobe a must have?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

They are a little light on power, but I would think those could be sufficient depending on the situation. Otherwise, the sea dragon video lights are quite a bit more powerful and also have a photo mode where they will act as a strobe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom