Striped Bass Spearfishing Tournament out of Newport, RI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwhite727

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I wanted to let everyone know about a free spearfishing tournament being run out of "The Dive Shop" in Newport, RI. The tournament began on June 1st and runs until the end of July, but anyone can enter at any point. The first place prize is a H. Dessault Quattro 90 Spear gun with a reel and custom paint job.

All the information, rules, regulations and waivers can be found here: 2013 Striped Bass Tournament - The Dive Shop Newport

Good luck everyone!

Looking for some info about spearing in Newport. So lets say I'm in Newport with the family some random weekend this summer. I've got my Ma salt water fishing / lobster Lic. and my gear. Low and behold were at the state park at Brenton Point the kids are busy flying kites and I decide to stroll across the street and go for a dive. I know there are a lot of people fishing at Point Branton but are there any restrictions to diving ?

Back
Top Bottom