Stressing over a vacation is just wrong!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carldarl

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife is afraid of Florida in August due to hurricanes so we settled on California. We found a 3 day liveaboard and all was well. Then we found out they don't have a DM or guide from the boat in the water and she is spooked. Our 2 kids were just certified in January and she is nervous. That is cool, I can understand.

What I need are suggestions on where to go in Californis so there will be (or can be hired) a DM/Guide in the water so she will be more comfortable. I can't fault her for being concerned as that is prudent. But, it is starting to be a sressful issue when it should be relaxing.

We want to dive but the combination of new divers, kelp forests, cold water, no DM etc is spooking her. Now she has my son getting nervous as well.

Any help???

carldarl:
...We found a 3 day liveaboard and all was well. ...We want to dive but the combination of new divers, kelp forests, cold water, no DM etc is spooking her. Now she has my son getting nervous as well.

Any help???

Which boat are you going on? You can always hire a DM through the boat to "guide" you all in the water... Don't stress, it will work out.

I am going to FL in August for some diving....It's off-season and "cheap"....

Anyways, post your dates and boat....if you're willing to pay for another spot, I am sure you could get a DM from the boat, or maybe from this board...

Thanks Laurel,

We are looking at the Sand Dollar out of San Pedro on August 8-10. I hadn't thought about just hiring one.

Here is a site you might want to check out

http://californiadiveboats.com/

The BBS might be able to answer some of your questions if people on here cannot.

I haven't been out on this boat so I would not be able to give you much help there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom