Strange Turtle Behavior

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadrewvideo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
This is another first.
While diving Turtle Canyon on 07-25-07, I witnessed some very odd turtle behavior. Turtles are known to "hide" under ledges, rocks and coral heads to sleep. I guess all the best spots were already taken so this turtle found the next best thing....a diver. The first diver was me, but since I couldn't get good footage of myself as the shelter I called over my fellow instructor Randy from Oahu Dive Center and....well you just watch what happens.

I can't wait to hear all the jokes about this one!

Hmmm! That is strange. Makes you wonder what was up with that. Hope it wasn't sick or hurt!

It just wanted to cuddle......

What a cutie....must be very used to people....Thanks for sharing that!

(That's over by the Christmas tree rock, right?)

1) Maybe he was trying to get to your Octo to share air with you

or

2) You forgot to take your Scooby Snacks out of your pockets! :eyebrow:

Either way, cool vid.

Quite interesting, thanks for sharing that.

that happened to Bob while we were in Maui in Feb. The divemaster thought that it might have been a released turtle and was used to people. We tried to keep our distance, but. . . . Maggi

nice video- hope you can find out why it is behaving so strange. makes you want to take it home with you?

Back
Top Bottom