Strange ? but

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NDH

Reaction score
There is 6 of us going to Bonaire in about 3 weeks. I would like to hire a boat for one day to get us to about 4 or 5 dive sites because of my wifes bad back. Does anyone know someone with a boat in Bonaire we can hire for that day?

Thanks

Toucan divers at the Plaza operates several boats that would consider 6 to be near a full load. Contact them and they may be able to assist you. It's a quality dive operation.

Thank you cneal

I will give them a call.

You're looking for your own boat right? Not sharing with others.

I think you'll find that Toucan, although they have 3 boats, will need them all in the morning. All three went out daily when we were there the 1st week of June. They'll likely suggest you dive with them on both their morning and afternoon trips. btw, one of the afternoon trips it was 2 of us and a Dutch couple. For $18 pp. It's convenient too, either eat there or go across the street to this little sandwich shop while waiting for the PM departure.

Buddy's charters their boats, but maybe not in June - I don't know. I've read Photo Tours Divers at Port Bonaire will charter their boat also. And Menno at Deep Blue View has a RIB(rigid inflatable) that he sometimes takes small groups out on. But that's a rough ride so probably not good for your wife.

Another thing to consider is that there are several really good dives at some of the resorts. The divedocks at Habitat and BD&A have a bench for gearing up on the dock, then 10' down steps to the water. The steps are kind of slippery, they're wood and get soaked regularly. At BD&A they have these stepped down cutouts in the side of the dock, your wife could sit with her feet in the water, you bring her gear to her, then all she'd have to do is push off. So low stress on her back. It's only about 4-5' deep though so inflate the BC or she'll hit bottom.

And BD&A is Bari Reef, which is the best in the Caribbean for fish species. You can even do a REEF fishcount there with/without a naturalist. I think it's about $40-50 for him to accompany you but it's worth it as he points everything out on a u/w slate.

Habitat has two sites off their dock, La Machaca and Cliff to the north. Buddys, Divi, and others have similar dock arrangements - I just can't remember them.

I am able to carry her things to most dive sites but 1000 steps, karpata, and several others might get rough. So for one day of the trip I would like to hire someone to take us to the harder entry sites. I love meeting new people but don't want to miss these sights because someone on the boat did it early that week.

NDH:
There is 6 of us going to Bonaire in about 3 weeks. I would like to hire a boat for one day to get us to about 4 or 5 dive sites because of my wifes bad back. Does anyone know someone with a boat in Bonaire we can hire for that day?

Thanks
Where are you staying? A resort may be able to set this up for you if you contact them with what you would like to do. You might have to divide it into 2 days of two tank dives if the boats are busy. If you are not staying at a resort, check with Menno at Deep Blue View(I thought he had a larger boat than previously described), or Wannadive at Eden to see if their boat is available.

Jetwrench:
If you are not staying at a resort, check with Menno at Deep Blue View(I thought he had a larger boat than previously described)
Maybe he does now but he's still featuring the RIB on their website:
Our custom build boat, “Explorer”, is a for diving designed RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat) and is capable of handling all sorts of circumstances and even the rough waters of the Bonairian east-coast. This very stable 25 Ft powerful boat is equipped with all needed safety equipment and makes the ride to the dive-sites very comfortable and fun. Boat-dives are offered to all marked and to not marked dive-sites on the west coast of Bonaire and to Klein Bonaire.

sjspeck:
Maybe he does now but he's still featuring the RIB on their website:
That 's a newer boat than the last one he had. Looks like 6 divers would be a full boat. Obviously set up for diving. I do know Menno wouldn't use anything that wasn't a stable platform for Klien.

NDH,

Here is Wannadives boat, a 29fter. I've been on it several times. I'm pretty sure they do private charters and 6 divers/2 tanks each would be very roomy(my experience with 8 was IMO the limit). The guys are great fun! You can find them at Eden Beach or the Wannadive Hut.

Attachments

• contentill_02.jpg
    contentill_02.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 37
Thanks everyone. We have had some success. Our resort has emailed us a quote, a little pricey since we will now only be 3 but still considering it. Deep Blue was nice to reply and told us they did not have room. I will keep check and emailing people today but plan to make arrangement no later that tomorrow.
Thanks everyone.
NDH

Back
Top Bottom