Straight from Sunni Triangle (cleared to post)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Catherine... may he be safe during his tour of duty and come home ready to immerse himself in the waters of Hawaii with you (or perhaps a little more erotic... er, I mean exotic destination). I'm bad... but it was the monthly ScubaBoard Wrinkles dive here this weekend that done did it to me. Best wishes to you, too (and Cheryl).

thanks! that made me laugh. Bali is probably both!

mdb:
GREEN MANELISHI: The Marine is unlocked and unloaded since he is not tactical. If you have any real military experience you probably already know that.

But the guy next to him is locked-and-loaded.

I was classified 4-f long ago when I expressed interest in USMC. I have flat feet, hearing loss and need corrective lenses for eyesight. So, no real world MILITARY experience.

Regardless, I doff my neoprene, cold water hood, in respect for the Marine (and everyone else wearing a uniform)
and hope for them a safe journey.

G_M

G_M: Yes; we all wish Catherine and her Marine the best. The very fact that he is assigned to head up detachments of the new Iragi forces tells us all what a fine man he is. Not surprising. He is disciplined and able. I trust he will be home safe and diving before too long.

Hey Catherine I am new to the board but not Iraq. I've got two tours over there with the last one being cut short (due to an ied). If you get his detachments address and list of stuff they need me and some friends are always sending stuff to soldiers that are deployed. Wether it's army, marines, air force, or navy we're all one country. That goes for anyone that know's anybody overseas anywhere, not just Iraq, Afghanistan is a pretty rough tour also. I'm sure he'll be home before you know it and do let me have his unit's address.

Green_Manelishi:
the guy in the middle of picture number 1 is carrying a carbine with no magazine. What's up with that situation?
When I drew my first guard duty I wasn't given any ammo and was told, if anyone comes climbing over the the fence just use your uzi to hit him over the head :D Admittedly, this was in the late 80's when the only threat was from undernourished vegan peaceniks.

I hope your buddy comes back safely.

I will stick up for Green on the great reply from mdb- while I was in the desert we had a magazine in our weapon at all times. I carried a M9, M16 and or the M60 also. The 60 was the only weapon not loaded. Having plenty of military experience I too would have thought he would be locked and loaded at all times considering the area he is in. Anyways, Catherine- I get to dive in one more week. If the weather clears up maybe we can get in a dive or two (I hate bad vis- anything under 30-40ft lol). Cant' dive on Saturdays since Brit has softball games every Saturday thru May. Tell JB hi from us.

Melissa

Thanks, all!

MDB, thanks for the comment. He has three tours so was a bit surprised when he was sent this time. They said he was hand picked because he has so much combat experience. I am surprised how well he gets on with the Iraqi's, they seem very tight from the stories. Some are men he fought against in a previous tour, if you can imagine that. They talk about some of the same battles, from different sides.

Address

Captain James Beal
I MHG MTT 2 (3/3)
Unit 42702
FPO AP 96426-2702

thank-you everyone, it means a lot. the worry is always gnawing.

as far as the rifle thing, I don't know anything. Just remember he LIVES with the guys in the picture. he is embedded with the Iraqi Army, so he is often more vulnerable than just having his gun not cocked and loaded.

mseat, thanks for serving. were you injured?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom