Stowing stage bottle regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who's james? Litehedded is Brian, lets clear that up first and foremost.

And no, the clip is not JUST for the gas break at 20ft. Its for broken band, switching on the trigger, trough deco, and securing the reg on the surface (think support diver).

What you seem to be most upset about it clipping off a reg instead of shoving it under a band for 6 minutes...in OW (usually)...stationary... Clipping it does the exact same thing as putting it under the band except its a little easier and quicker to do at the end of a longer dive, when you're pulling it right back out again. The hose doesn't dangle, bow out, or anything. You're making a 6 page mountain out of a molehill, here.

I'm surprised (maybe not) a thread about bolt snaps generated this much interest.

How long have you been in the DIR section of SB?? :D

I agree with Nick just stow and deploy the darn regs properly, what else are you going to do in those 6 mins? But I no longer think you are going to die doing it your way at 20ft. Just hurt yourselves really really bad :wink:

the hose doesn't dangle. it sits under your arm.

we do plenty of stowing and deploying of stage regs. more on one dive than most people on here do in several I would imagine. the clip doesn't complicate it at all. that's probably why you'll see them on the majority of bottles at wakulla, for instance.

the 20' stop IS different because we're not stowing the bottle. at 80 and 30 we're putting those bottles away for good. we obviously wouldn't let a hose 'dangle' when we're putting it on a leash behind us.

and my name is Brian :wink:

Who's james? Litehedded is Brian, lets clear that up first and foremost.

You're making a 6 page mountain out of a molehill, here.

1) my mistake --- all you people with aliases and nothing in the bottom of your posts with names in it get me confused

2) adjust your #of posts per page

I am of course at this point regretting breaking my "it's just not worth posting here" self-imposed ban (again)

1) my mistake --- all you people with aliases and nothing in the bottom of your posts with names in it get me confused
I have my name in every forum I post on :wink:

Under one band or both?

In a cave or overhead, everything always gets stowed under both bands (or clipped), no exceptions because it takes about 5 seconds extra (especially with no gloves in the kind of caves I like to do :)

In Open water I am guilty on an ascent with what I would consider no chance of entanglement of getting lazy and using just one band (not just for the O2 stop also)

I suppose I am also a hippocrite, but I guess I view true overhead to be far less forgiving, so "shortcuts" are definitely not on the list.

In a cave or overhead, everything always gets stowed under both bands (or clipped), no exceptions because it takes about 5 seconds extra (especially with no gloves in the kind of caves I like to do :)

In Open water I am guilty on an ascent with what I would consider no chance of entanglement of getting lazy and using just one band (not just for the O2 stop also)

I suppose I am also a hippocrite, but I guess I view true overhead to be far less forgiving, so "shortcuts" are definitely not on the list.

omg you only stow it under one band in OW!!!! Shame on you!!!

We were taught to just stow under one band (OW dives). If I'm bored and there's no current, I'll sometimes swing the bottle forward and clean it up under both, but using only one hasn't (yet) proven an issue for the dives I do. Can see taking the extra time in the cave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom