Stowing lift bags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
So What IS the correct way to Rig the bag/spool/bolt?

C,Mon Unc, get the cam out. I know ya want to......:D

I think my buddy's got it rigged right. What do you think?

I think my buddy's got it rigged right. What do you think?
My wife doesn't like her picture posted...please take it down.

I got her permission. She said you wouldn't mind.

WreckWriter once bubbled...
Any thoughts on best method of carrying them (at least one of them). They roll up to about 10 inches long, about 3 inch diameter roll.

What works for me is carrying the bags in loops of the heavy black surgical tubing below the backplate. You use 3 sets of loops for 2 lift bags. The first set goes through the backplate. The second set goes through the first set, and the third through the second. You carry the bags in the two bottom sets. The top set is to get them away from the plate.

This was shown to me by a macaw that belongs to a well known SoFL wreck diver.

This was shown to me by a macaw that belongs to a well known SoFL wreck diver.
Tell me you at least fed him some peanuts...

O-ring once bubbled...

Tell me you at least fed him some peanuts...

The chimp wasn't around; they told me that they saw him getting on a Greyhound bus headed north on I-95.

Of course I took care of the bird - trust me, his advice is well worth every peanut.

Tie a small loop into the end of the larger loop of your line. The bolt snap is in this loop in the stowed position.

To deploy the bag pass the bolt snap with loops through the eye of the bag bolt snap.

Put your left hand through the large loop and take the spool.

Let the loop roll off your hand over the spool.

Remove the bolt snap and clip it off to your right chest D-ring.

The bag is now rigged for filling.

The chimp wasn't around; they told me that they saw him getting on a Greyhound bus headed north on I-95.
He wasn't headed up here to get me squared away was he? I hope you mean to say he was stopping in VA Beach :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom