Stories behind usernames...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nj...my current state of residence, i'll have to have that changed when i finally leave
this state behind for someplace warmer and more affordable.

diver...what i am and do between SI

95...the year i graduated college, and just like 90% of those that i know, i too am not
working in my field of study...guess there isn't a big need for historians just yet...

I love cats - and when people described the experience of diving with seals, it sounded like they were playing with kittens underwater- and since I make up silly names for everything I started calling them waterkittens. The prospect of playing with waterkittens pushed me that much further towards learning to scuba.

Family history:

Oldest brother was called Murr (short for Murray our last name)

Second brother called LittleMurr

Sister called FurrMurr (you figure it out...yes that is why..HAHA)

I came along and learned to dive...needed a nickname and came up with ScubaMurr

My wife is MurrNancy!

mrobinson:
You're just a young scuba punk!!!

I'm just completely unoriginal.....
Unorginal my butt. I find that name incredibly well thought out... Oh well, I tried.

At one point in my life, I though Malinowski was a pretty unique name. I now believe it to be the "smith" of poland. Everyone I meet seems to know a Malinowski. And each of them has the same idea that the name would be pretty unique as well because they all assume that I'll know the person that they know :) I don't mind them asking, but it's a slim chance since my immediate family is pretty small.

Anyway, most people just call me "cmal" nowadays. Somebody started it when I was in a thoroughbred horse partnership (circledhorse.com) And I probably should have used that nickname, but I started using cmalinowski so long ago that I try that first wherever I sign up. Sometimes I'll be "cmalinow", "cmalin", "chrismalinowski" (yahoo), or even "cmal". One of the nicknames in high school was mouse (M from first initial of last name, and the "ouse" from the "ows" in malin-OWS-ki). Maybe one day I'll change my name to cMouse or SeaMouse or cMal or SeaMal or.... Maybe I'll have a contest like snowbear one of these days for a nickname (name the Chris).

Until then, I'm cmalinowski... but you can call me cmal :D

Chris

I am from Florida...

I attended the University of Florida and bleed orange and blue...

I now live in New York...

therefore...

I be a New York Gator

Fly = Fly Fishing, my other aquatic hobby.
n = and
Dive = I Dive

I re-read this thread and I never posted my boring story.
If Fly N Dive can do it twice:D,
I should do it once. dln, my initials, david, my name.
When I first starting using the internet, it was the username I came up with and it stuck. Pretty boring eh?

Chip is my nickname. My older brother was 2 yrs old when he tried to say my name but said "Chan-Chip" instead. Nickname was shortened to Chip and has stuck ever since I popped out of my mom.

10 4 is my birthdate.

It's the name my mom gave me. I was named for her mother who was Nadya, aka Nettie, but I came out a boy, so I got an "N" name. How boring is THAT?

Back
Top Bottom