Stories behind usernames...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess i'm in the not-too-exciting group: My name is David and I live in Pennsylvania, hence "Dave in PA"

I'm old, been dong this since the beginning of the sport almost, and I figure someday I'll be turned into oil...

scuba-sass:
A Very Long time ago, I was a wee Girl Scout at summer camp. My grandmother had given me a t-shirt with a snazzy, sparkly imprint of the word "Sassy" emblazoned accross the front, and I loved it - wore it constantly. For some reason, people thought it was an accurate representation of my 9 or 10 year old personallity. Can't imagine why... Anyway, it stuck, and I've been "Sassy" to certain friends for years.

Scuba-sass :)

Over the weekend I saw a license plate in FL that read, "Sassy 1", and I thought you'd enjoy that!

Squashie, short for sasquatch...was coined by a friend of mine (5'8", 145 lbs dripping wet) several years ago, beginning with that I was big enough to be a sasquatch (6'5", 300'ish lbs & size 14.5 feet). I think he stole the idea from Eddie Murphy's stand-up routine about his aunt Bunny, whom his uncle caught in the woods and shaved down, prior to marriage. Well, since I had a beard, long hair and was considerably larger than most of the people i associated with back then, I guess it just fit. Since sasquatch was too hard to say repeatedly all day long, it got shortened by another friend to "Squashie".

There aren't too many of us out there in cyberspace, but I have run across a few on some other obscure forms, however; if the name is squashie...it is usually me.:D

I guess it's pretty simple. I live in Georgia and love to dive. Couln't think of anything else at the time, but every so often I try to come up with a new and better one.

I'm divesherpa because the powers that be wouldn't allow a profanity (followed by hole) to be a username.

Just kidding

My DM instructor gave me the name after naming herself dive diva. When she explained why I was the Dive Sherpa, I understood and appreciated the name.

Dive== Because I'm under the water
Sherpa==Because I enjoy keeping everyone else safe and insuring their success

Vie is my real first name. My mother came up with it by adding a vowel to the last two letters of her name (in Thai). Vie is pronounced “vee” but is spelt V I E as my parents liked the meaning of the word in French.

Mine's pretty lame. Everyone in the sports side of my life calls me Champster (last name is Champ). Actually that is pretty lame too..... :azvatar:

PlanoDvr1:
Thanks 616fun. We also lost our first boxer last October, saddest day in my life so far.

We actually have two boxers, brothers. They are a handful, 15 weeks old and just little terrors.

It's amazing how an animal can work it's way into your heart and home isn't it? The first (and so far only) funeral I conducted was for a family that lost their Cocker Spaniel which had been like their child for nearly 19 years.

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
It's amazing how an animal can work it's way into your heart and home isn't it? The first (and so far only) funeral I conducted was for a family that lost their Cocker Spaniel which had been like their child for nearly 19 years.

Aloha, Tim

I use dogs in particular as a gauge - if a dog doesn't like a particular person, I tend to keep my distance as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom