Storage Pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dry heat diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I dive with a full face mask but would like to carry a traditional mask and snorkel for backup so I'm considering adding a pocket on each leg of my wetsuit. I'm curious, though, whether it would create a lot of unnecessary drag. Has anyone experimented with a set up like that and is it worth the trouble?

Oh yeah, lots 'o people have pockets on their drysuits at the thighs. I even have them on my warm water 3-2 wetsuit as well. For divers who dive a BP/W, since there are no pockets on the wing, these pockets are the preferred method of storage.

I don't notice and additional drag. I'm sure there is some, but with the right trim your thighs are behind in the slip stream anyway.

A little researching and searching on this board will get you the information on pockets, where to get them, how to install them, and what to put into them.

Good luck.

Hey dry heat diver:

The pocket would produce no more drag than the snorkel you'd wear I imagine! Just kidding. Try this & I hope it helps.

Kind regards,
Thomas

Thanks for the info. It seemed like the right answer for me but I wasn't sure how well it would work since I have never seen anyone set up that wasy.

And if you don't want to glue pockets on your wet suit, Dive Rite makes a thigh pocket that attaches to your waist strap and then has another band with a fastex buckle that goes around your thigh. Costs about $50 and works real well. I use it for spare mask, finger spool and tables. Note the new version has a latex strip on the thigh strap to keep it from sliding. The older ones were known to shift around your leg.

This is designed to fit on 2" webbing, probably could rig it for a conventional BC as well.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom