Storage of your BCD at the end of the season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BCDs are pretty rugged. When my Maui dive season ends in late March I just do a thorough rinse inside and out, then store it with a shoulder dump valve removed so the inside of the bladder will be dry.

I fold it up tightly and store it inside a bin. Hanging it and partially inflating it might be better, but my simple, compact storage method has worked for the last 7 years.

I have a BCD that I leave at the vacation house in Roatan. I dive with it the whole time im there. When i get ready to go home, I make sure its rinsed very well and then and let it dry as good as it will (so humid its tough to get it totally dry. Then i take it and put about 3-4 tablespoons of listerine (the old medicine kind) and fill it about 1/2 way with air orally and shake the Listerine around and place it in a trashcan with a good lid that will keep out the bugs. and it stays just like that till the next year. Been doing this for 4 years now and have never had 1 problem....and when you go to do your 1st dive its mediciny fresh LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom