Stop The Spill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

augk

Contributor
Reaction score
Since every day that goes by from the start of this catastrophe and more and more oil flows into the Gulf and more damage is done. I would like to know what kind of ideas people might have to stop this or get it under control. Me personally I have two thoughts the first eminates from a recent hospitalization, a catheter type device the second is to just blow it up to seal it shut? I know that the depth of the well is a major factor but something must be done.

What thoughts or ideas do you the members of Scubaboard have? I know there are many intelligent people with many ideas out there, so lets hear them.

I'd have to be pretty sure that the BP experts aren't just sitting around playing cards to see what happens while they rack up hundreds of millions of dollars in clean up costs.

It's very easy to make suggestions without knowing the logistics of such an operation. What we could do do help is stop using all hydrocarbon based resources, then there'd be no need for them to drill and this could never happen again :wink:

I'd have to be pretty sure that the BP experts aren't just sitting around playing cards to see what happens while they rack up hundreds of millions of dollars in clean up costs.

It's very easy to make suggestions without knowing the logistics of such an operation. What we could do do help is stop using all hydrocarbon based resources, then there'd be no need for them to drill and this could never happen again :wink:

Oh I am sure of that as well.

But I would like to see what ideas people can come up with or thoughts they may have on a solution.

And yes stopping the use of hydrocarbon based products would help but you know as well as I do that's not going to happen in our life time unless some miraculous invention comes along. I have hot water solar panels on my house and I own a Ford F250 truck as well as a Honda too and I live in a town with a nuclear power plant. I would love to be able to live life without buying gas for my truck or car Mower etc..or oil to heat my house and I am working on ideas of how to accomplish that and that's what I am interested in sharing ideas.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom