http://www.diveheart.org/

Stop the Sea Shepherd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not even worth popcorn anymore.

I agree 100% that this man, (Shepard of the Sea) is a nuisance to human beings. Animals of the sea have been a part of human sustenance as recorded often in the bible, on Egyptian hieroglyphics, and through archaeological cave finds. Island communities use food from the sea as the number one way of survival. Japan is an island nation, one of many Asian countries that utilizes most portions of the fish and of other aquatic animals they retrieve from the seas. Other countries including the USA, consume a small portion of the fish (meat filets) and discard that remaining as waste. Do not get me wrong, I love the United States.
My main point as a fish eater is this man and his crew of sympathetic lunatics have placed human lives, including their own crew in serious danger, along with consuming outrageous amounts of fuel to justify their cause. Can you say hypocrisy in the name of saving the environment, or is it a way to boost ratings, get donations and earn a living as a terrorist?

Educate to save the environment but do not use fear tactics as so many other non-profit groups, swimming in the cash flow, often do to force or coerce conversion to the church of the environment.

I have mixed feelings about the methods of Sea Shepherd. But to make the excuse that it's okay to kill anything in the sea and as much as we want because "animals of the sea have always been part of human sustenance" is you sticking your head in the sand. Our taking of animals regardless of how the environment is affected is why so many species have all but disappeared. "Church of the environment"? Would you prefer we just keep taking as much as we want with absolutely no regard for the health of the food populations? Groups like Sea Shepherd have controversial methods, and I don't agree with all of them. But they are raising awareness, and now people like me are changing our food choices based on this awareness. Unfortunately there are also people like you who only want to act rebelliously, and that is the problem with their "militant" stance.

well ... In this case, no one is

the problem with their militant stance is that they don't care about facts, wont listen to anyone, they want what they want and no one is going to stop them till they get it

Like all fanatical groups

The ends never justify the means...... I agree on conservation efforts and educating people about them, but certainly not on the way this clowns are making a killing of funds supposed to be used to save the whales. That kind of action is just a temporary deterrent, if instead of doing there antics as they show them on the programs, they would try to educate and show the need for conservation and sustainable fisheries .....that would be a long termn solution and not just a BIG BUCK show like it is..
well theres my two cents

I have to ask, has anyone that is following this thread actually ever talked to Paul Watson. I had the misfortune of having to be tied across the dock form him and his vessel at a small shipyard in Seattle. I was the chief on a 270' Pollock factory trawler at the time. During this period of time Green Peace was doing its best to try and shut down the Pollock fishery in Alaska. On a number of occasions I had to listen to this "gentleman" go on and on about the vessels strip mining the ocean and all sorts of other nonsense. He was right in the middle of the factory trawler debate. The guys a lunatic. It wasn't but a short time later that the Alaskan Pollock fishery was certified by the Marine Stewardship Council (Marine Stewardship Council - home — MSC) as a sustainable fishery. One of the few in the world. The eco-terrorist types from Green Peace finally gave up. They tried to stop these vessels the same way that Watson is doing now. They tried everything from interfering with fishing operations to chaining themselves to the under side of the Ballard Bridge to stop some vessels from leaving Lake Union to head north to fish. The bottom line is what the Japanese are doing is not illegal. It may be immoral to a lot of people, but it is not against the law. What Paul Watson and his band of merry men are doing is illegal. Why he hasn't been arrested by any number of nations is beyond me. You also have to remember, the same producers of the "Whale Wars" also do the "Deadliest Catch" It's good TV for anyone that has no clue as to what is actually going on. Its almost as bad as "The perfect Storm".

well ... In this case, no one is

the problem with their militant stance is that they don't care about facts, wont listen to anyone, they want what they want and no one is going to stop them till they get it

Like all fanatical groups

Sounds like just about ever religious reactionary wing (Christian, Jewish, Islamic, Hindu,….) and most of the Left Wing Democrats and Right Wing Republicans in California – in other words most of California.

I personally support Paul Watson, the Sea Shepherd and their means to an end.........we need more places to dive and they give them to us.....

4647553380_e8220353c5_o.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom