http://www.diveheart.org/

Stop the Sea Shepherd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally support Paul Watson, the Sea Shepherd and their means to an end.........we need more places to dive and they give them to us.....

4647553380_e8220353c5_o.jpg

That poster was great. Someone needs to ask them if they were able to remove all of the fuel and lube oil from the Gil before they allowed it to sink. I am sure there was a fairly significant amount that is now in the whale sanctuary through thier own stupidity. Didn't anyone teach these people that steel wins over plastic everytime. Its rocks, scissors, paper. Simple as that.....

Come on...that's not to bad. Some bondo, a little paint, and that will buff right out.

Allowed it to sink?

I'm a political conservative but I donate money to this cause every month.

Allowed it to sink?

I'm a political conservative but I donate money to this cause every month.

Rammed anti-whaling boat hoped to be salvaged | NATIONAL News

The Ady Gil remained afloat, allowing the six crew members to salvage valuable equipment before being picked up by the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society vessel Bob Barker.

De Groot says the team is now working to salvage the multi-million protest boat, which is tied to the Bob Barker.

Paul Watson is endangering the human race.
he is making a very good living off the emotions of his followers and getting some good ratings for his show
I will admit its very entertaining but it causes more harm than good
If this persists the ocean will be all protected and we will only be able to dive in swimming pools

Seriously, endangering the human race? In another thread someone called you a troll, and I didn't believe them. Now, I think otherwise.

Oh, and to conserve the oceans AND the human race we need only keep you out of the water.

Seriously, endangering the human race? In another thread someone called you a troll, and I didn't believe them. Now, I think otherwise.

Oh, and to conserve the oceans AND the human race we need only keep you out of the water.

I hate "you're a troll" comments myself but it's pretty common on this forum if you have an opposing opinion on something.

Most of my friends have picked up the "eco terrorist" slam and use that on the Sea Shepherd all the time. I find that interesting since it's the Japanese who used that term first and since every one of my buddies think what the Japanese are doing is just horrible.

If you've ever had close encounters with a whale in real life peoples opinion about Sea Shepherd would generally become favorable. While I've believe deer and elk are gorgeous creatures I've never had one hang out in the wild. I've been fortunate enough to have such experiences and the thought of killing any whale became disgusting to me. That includes the whaling Americans do in Alaska.

We can disagree all we want on this topic but as long as Paul Watson is alive the Sea Shepherd will continue. The Japanese know this and that's why they shot him last year.

I hate "you're a troll" comments myself but it's pretty common on this forum if you have an opposing opinion on something.

Most of my friends have picked up the "eco terrorist" slam and use that on the Sea Shepherd all the time. I find that interesting since it's the Japanese who used that term first and since every one of my buddies think what the Japanese are doing is just horrible.

If you've ever had close encounters with a whale in real life peoples opinion about Sea Shepherd would generally become favorable. While I've believe deer and elk are gorgeous creatures I've never had one hang out in the wild. I've been fortunate enough to have such experiences and the thought of killing any whale became disgusting to me. That includes the whaling Americans do in Alaska.

We can disagree all we want on this topic but as long as Paul Watson is alive the Sea Shepherd will continue. The Japanese know this and that's why they shot him last year.

I dont care if someone has alternative viewpoints regarding eco whatnot. I am an environmentalist, others are not. I believe there is middle ground. But please, before condemning my comment please re-read the OP's post. It isnt an argument, it is a rant with NO POINT. He has been on other thread making comments about unsafe diving, and with such utterly poor grammar I can only assume he is messing with others on this board trying to stir up an argument. Further, there is a thread on the Paul Watson and his adventures going already, so this was an unnecessary addition.

A lot of people on this thread have eloquently argued against the sea shepard, but not because of the OP. Sorry if I offended your sensibilities.

The Japanese know this and that's why they shot him last year.

Sure they did:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: I saw it myself, plucked that ol bullet out of his bullet proof vest on camera, saved by his sea shepherd badge:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

A lot of people on this thread have eloquently argued against the sea shepard, but not because of the OP. Sorry if I offended your sensibilities.

Oh I'm not offended by your comment in the least and there are trolls out there :)

I just peaked at this ramming of Ady Gil. I don't know how to embed a video on here so I'll put the link up. The ship's water cannons were blasting Ady Gil right up to the point of impact and afterwards which looked a lot like attempted murder to me. So who's the terrorist here? The boat sitting dead in the water or the boat that rammed it and then continued to smash it with those water cannons?

YouTube - Ady Gil rammed by Shonan Maru No. 2, view from MV Bob Barker

I noticed that the Japanese whaler turned into the ship and then turned away after the collision. It was on purpose.

Again???? :bored2:

Back
Top Bottom