Stop over manilla: what to do in 2 days??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hallboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What to visit? How to go from airport to down town (i will stay in Ermita) wher to eat or whatever you think it would be interesting to see or do

Hi hallboy,

luneta/intramuros: memorial park of Jose Rizal (Philippine National Hero) and old spanish city. Go to the churches.

Air Force One: ask once you get here.

Divisoria: dry market where you can get a lot of things for super cheap. From dish sets to dvd players.

Roxas boulevard: Take a stroll down the boardwalk. Or jog it.

Manila Zoo: nuff said.

Megamall: big mall. Used to be the largest in Asia.

Just outside the city:

Tagaytay/Taal Volcano: A volcano within a volcano. Can eat lunch on top of the mountain ridge overlooking the inner crater lake with volcano island in the middle. Breathtaking view. If you have time, take a bangka to the island and go horseback riding to the inner crater mouth. If you're lucky, you'll see the water inside steaming. This will take an afternoon.

Anilao: only possible the first day. If you arrive in the early morning you can get to Anilao by late morning/early afternoon and do two dives. Can get back to Manila in the evening. Make sure to give proper time before flying out!

Pagsanjan falls: shoot the rapids. See the falls at the top. Nice trip. You'll get wet.

Have fun in Manila!!! Mabuhay.

hallboy:
What to visit? How to go from airport to down town (i will stay in Ermita) wher to eat or whatever you think it would be interesting to see or do
ermita is pretty much the gateway to the downtown area... you can take a cab to the places chip mentioned very easily from there and it won't cost you a lot... if you're adventurous, you can actually walk to the luneta and/or intramuros places

if you're reaaaaaaallly adventurous you can take the jeepneys...

if you want something more cosmopolitan take a cab to greenbelt in makati... it's the major upscale shopping/entertainment...

places to eat... hmmmmmmmm... what's your thing? i'd reco emerald along roxas blvd. in front of the US embassy... great chinese food and amazingly inexpensive... convert the peso to euro and you'll flip with how little you just spent on a huge meal

hope this helps

Jag

I probably will not have time enough to go to anilao; and as i'm going to tubataah reef using Nitrox i wold probably need more to recover from a long flight before diving a lot than anything else. So i will not go out of Manilla.
Do you know where is Divisoria? How is th chinese quarter?

Chinese quarter's ok. Good food. Nice for photo missions. Walking distance to Quiapo if you wanna check out the goods.

But Divisoria is a better market. Since it's right next to the port, a majority of the unaccounted imported goods are dropped there. Cab it to Divisoria and the cabbie will know. But from Ermita, some jeepneys along Roxas or the side streets will lead to Divisoria. Just look on the side of the jeep and it will say. But I reco that you check out Intramuros in the morning and from the gates facing bonafacio circle you can take the jeep to divisoria from there.

If you're looking for just a photo mission and to check out cool places, my favourite market is Cartimar. Pets galore.

Have fun in Tubbataha. Don't ground yourself into the reef (see greenpeace website for details)! :)

hallboy:
I probably will not have time enough to go to anilao; and as i'm going to tubataah reef using Nitrox i wold probably need more to recover from a long flight before diving a lot than anything else. So i will not go out of Manilla.
Do you know where is Divisoria? How is th chinese quarter?

Divisoria is a big area that stretches up to Tutuban to the hardcore Divisoria (wet and dry market, where you can find authentic chinese goodies). Prices are crazingly low. Honestly, I would advise you not to go there alone, bad elements lurk (pickpockets, con-artists, etc) especially around Christmas season. However, with extra precautions like not bringing valuables with you, shopping experience there is truly one of a kind.

Or if you're into buying clothes or stuff like that, stay in the Tutuban or 168 area.

LA Cafe MH Pilar Malate If your a single guy...like girls and don`t mind being husltled at billiards. Billiards # sport in P.I.`s. Some intresting ladies. $ 1 San Mig`s or Red Horsr ( strong ) Have fun !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom