Suggestion Stolen Gear Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Scared Silly

Scared Silly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Recently a dive buddy had all of his gear stolen from the trunk of his car while in Cabo San Lucas. Major bummer. However, he has a few serial numbers for the computer and regs.

This got me to thinking would it be worth while to have a stolen gear forum? This might be of help for folks trying to recover their gear. I am sure the chances of recovering gear is slim but it might be a nice community effort.

Great idea. Even better if you can get all online forums to use the same one and then get divers to use it as well. TheDecoStop.com has a site (http://www.stolenscubagear.com/) for this but no one seems to know about or use it.

You know, I need to ask Jeff (Spectre) how this is coming for him. It might be a great link to add to :sblogo:

Thanks for the link ... I passed it on to my friend. I also contacted AquaLung just in case the dive computer ever comes across their repair desk.

Good idea. With the easy market of Ebay, and even classified ads here on SB, there is beginning to be a market for stolen gear.

Hasn't it been on the rise in the last year or so?

Back
Top Bottom