Stolen Dive Computers - If you see them let me know...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Time to eat "crow" I guess...

And now for the "rest of the story" (it has an ending ... happy but embarrasing :wink: )

Following my trip as you all know I looked thru the sealed box for my computers ... nothing there :( 2 weeks ago I was looking thru a pile of "stuff" sitting in a chair and guess what I found ... you got it - my computers :( don't worry it get's worse ... apparently while I was looking for them I pulled them out of the box and set them on a chair right next to it and continued searching for them ... arrrggg - so glad I didn't report them now :( So after simply being lost for 4 months they turned up right where I had put them while looking for them ... there is a reason my Mom called me her absent minded professor when I was in High School :wink:

Anyway - my public apologies to TSA for the accusations made here earlier, and hope you all enjoyed my bout with senility.

Aloha, Tim

:rofl3::rofl3::dork2:

good job for finding them though - bet you're relieved.

During my last trip to Oahu it looks like both of my dive computers were stolen out of my luggage (I normally hand carry them but decided to pack them this time) I've been watching ebay and craigslist, but if anyone happens to spot them I'd appreciate a heads up.

Both are quite distinctive as they both have my replacement bungee wrist straps on them Aloha Shore Divers - also I scraped the Mares M1 logo off the one and both had my phone number written on them (doubtlessly erased by now :( ) with a paint pen.

Mahalo and safe diving :D

Tim

Dude, I heard some guy in Lahaina had computers exactly matching this description sealed in a box on a chair next to where he unpacked his luggage when he got back from Ohahu. Haole guy with brown hair, a beard and a dog.

Hey Tim, I can totally sympathize with you, that sounds like something I would do/happen to me....:shakehead:....hence my "Dori" avatar. I'm glad you found them :luxhello:

Dude, I heard some guy in Lahaina had computers exactly matching this description sealed in a box on a chair next to where he unpacked his luggage when he got back from Ohahu. Haole guy with brown hair, a beard and a dog.

I think I may know the guy ... time to have a chat with him :wink:

now THAT is funny. Sounds like what I did while at a local dive site a couple years ago. Spoke out loud about the person who took my mask!. Before someone reported finding a mask on the bottom near the exit point. OOPS! Crow isn't too bad once in a GReat while

Time to eat "crow" I guess...

And now for the "rest of the story" (it has an ending ... happy but embarrasing :wink: )

Following my trip as you all know I looked thru the sealed box for my computers ... nothing there :( 2 weeks ago I was looking thru a pile of "stuff" sitting in a chair and guess what I found ... you got it - my computers :( don't worry it get's worse ... apparently while I was looking for them I pulled them out of the box and set them on a chair right next to it and continued searching for them ... arrrggg - so glad I didn't report them now :( So after simply being lost for 4 months they turned up right where I had put them while looking for them ... there is a reason my Mom called me her absent minded professor when I was in High School :wink:

Anyway - my public apologies to TSA for the accusations made here earlier, and hope you all enjoyed my bout with senility.

Aloha, Tim

I once searched the small store that I worked for trying to find my keys for about 15 minutes... only to realize they were in my hand the entire time. Thus, my signature!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom