Stinky Tri-Laminate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canadian_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, it's time to wash the inside of my trilam drysuit again. It's getting down right nasty pulling that thing on, especially the latex neck seal, then squishing all that stinky air out of the suit..... *wrinkles nose*

It's to the point where some of my dive buddies refuse to zip / unzip me. :eyebrow:

Out of curiousity, which products do you prefer to use for this type of cleansing, and do you do anything special to help protect your equipment or make it easier to clean?

Canadian_Diver:
Well, it's time to wash the inside of my trilam drysuit again. It's getting down right nasty pulling that thing on, especially the latex neck seal, then squishing all that stinky air out of the suit..... *wrinkles nose*

It's to the point where some of my dive buddies refuse to zip / unzip me. :eyebrow:

Out of curiousity, which products do you prefer to use for this type of cleansing, and do you do anything special to help protect your equipment or make it easier to clean?

Go to your LDS and get some Sink the Stink, turn your foul suit inside out and give it a good scrubbing out, then rinse it off good and let it dry hanging inside out. Then every ten to twenty dives turn it inside out and give it a wash with some mild soap or shampoo, rinse it out and dry it hanging inside out. That should keep it stinkless. Also when not using it leave it hanging with the feet touching the ground (so the seams aren't to stressed) and leave the zipper open to let air circulate through the suit.

hardhat:
Go to your LDS and get some Sink the Stink, turn your foul suit inside out and give it a good scrubbing out, then rinse it off good and let it dry hanging inside out. Then every ten to twenty dives turn it inside out and give it a wash with some mild soap or shampoo, rinse it out and dry it hanging inside out. That should keep it stinkless. Also when not using it leave it hanging with the feet touching the ground (so the seams aren't to stressed) and leave the zipper open to let air circulate through the suit.

Actually, I use Mirazyme, enzyme based cleaners kill bacteria and mould (not that I have any in my suit).

Sink the Stink is only a deoderizer, not an odour counteractant. I always leave my zipper open when not in use, it prolongs the life of the zipper as well.

I also turn my suit inside out after every dive to dry out. Only problem is, I sweat alot in the suit, temperatures are upwards of 34 C (100 F) some days and water temps go down as low as 5 C (42 F) at depth. :crafty:

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom