Stinger/Spyder battery toolkit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a Stinger (and Cobra) and have not yet needed to change the battery. I have checked with the Suunto website which seems useless for service centers. I was gonna try a jewelry store to have battery changed. I noticed the date of the origional thread. This has just become very helpful. Thank You!

I don't think thats the right watch wrench,I ordered it and it won't open large enough to fit the watch bezel. could there be another one?

HI! i am new here, dont understand too much off english, can you please send me that pics of making tool, an opening watch on email. THANKS
email: enisic@bih.net.ba

I bought the Harbor Freight wrench too. The pins will not expand out far enough to fit in the recesses of the bezel. I finally gave up before I slipped with a spanner wrench and scratched the watch up. I do have a pilot watch (with a dead battery) that it will work on so it wasn't a totally wasted $10.00.

Aqualung said Underseas Scuba in Chicago is an authorzed Suunto repair center. I called them and they will replace the battery for $45.00 (plus S&H), or perform the bi-annual service (battery and o-rings) for $90.00. I think I am going to go the "battery only" route this time, and do the bi-annual every other time.

I have replaced my batery. Bought the tool from harbor freight tools for around $10. took it down to 120 feet and no leaks. bought battery and o ring off ebay for $6

Wait a min.... So, harbor freight tools, watch case opener works or not?:confused:

Have a look at this, a littel pricey at first but after that it's the right tool for the job and you'll only ever need the battery.

Smartinterface - Ihr Webshop für Tauchzubehör

got one of these myself its a good buy and well worth it, used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago on my own stinger, took about 3 minutes to change the battery (probably less) done 5 dives since and not a problem working perfectly, the site listed also has manuals in different languages explaining how to use the tool,

Back
Top Bottom