Stinapa tags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

homerdoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering if stinapa tags got rolled forward when your trip got hosed.

Mine was April of 2020, go figure how that got messed up. Our travel agent kept telling us it is okay, so I bought the tags. Actually folks were still going in March.

Now we finally get to go back - has anyone tried to show we bought tags when we couldn't come because the borders were closed (right before).

Regardless 45 USD wont break the bank...just wondering.

I always make a folder that has cruise trip arrivals etc in it, and I was updating this one for our Christmas trip.

Homerdoc

I was wondering if stinapa tags got rolled forward when your trip got hosed.

Mine was April of 2020, go figure how that got messed up. Our travel agent kept telling us it is okay, so I bought the tags. Actually folks were still going in March.

Now we finally get to go back - has anyone tried to show we bought tags when we couldn't come because the borders were closed (right before).

Regardless 45 USD wont break the bank...just wondering.

I always make a folder that has cruise trip arrivals etc in it, and I was updating this one for our Christmas trip.

Homerdoc
The border was not closed....you could get there just not on a US airline. Many still flew through Curacao, for example.

well first of all, dont plan on arguing with you since I have seen how that works out. But in April there wasnt a way my travel agent could find to get us in, and truth be told at that time it didnt appear to be safe regardless.

Just wondering if anyone has tried to use old tags they couldnt.

But in April there wasnt a way my travel agent could find to get us in, and truth be told at that time it didnt appear to be safe regardless.
I apologize, my numbers and dates were wrong. Indeed, April 2020 had zero arrivals by air in Bonaire, from anywhere. Restrictions from everywhere began Mar 15, 2020, and continued through June 12, 2020. There were a small number of May 2020 arrivals as tests. From Tourism on Bonaire seems to be picking up; 9 thousand visitors in June:
1633052871932.png
(in thousands)

I agree completely about it not appearing to be safe at that time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom