Stillwater Cove (Carmel) Access and parking updates?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KRL1973

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I wanted to try this dive site for the 1st time tomorrow.

Last time I planned to make the trip I called to make a parking reservation and was told they don't do that anymore, just show up and it there's a spot there's a spot. They said they expected a busy weekend. At that time I couldn't make it there early and didn't want to risk being out of luck so went elsewhere.

Could anyone who has gone recently confirm that no reservation is needed and any advice or other updates to previously reported access instructions? How early do I realisticly need to show-up to be assured of getting a spot?

thanks!
Ken Loomis

I heard that a few Monterey beaches were closed due to high bacteria levels this week. Might want to check on that also. Parking doesn't matter if you need a trip to the dr. Afterwards. Just checked again. Still water Coe and southern Monterey bay still have high bacteria level warnings. They say stay out of the water. Found it on the weather Chanel app on my iPhone. At least until Friday night. If you do go post some condition reports. I was going to go down next week.

Back
Top Bottom