Stillhouse report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Willie

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Awap and I dove Stillhouse Hollow today around noon. I showed 44 mins and max depth of 50 ffw. Temp was 54 on my computer. Very cold for me after 44 mins. Of course the last diving I did was a month ago in the Florida springs at 72 df and virtually unlimited vis. Now if we can only get a non-stop passenger train that would run at night with nice sleeper bunks and we could arrive in FL overnight rested and ready to dive ....

Back to reality ... vis at Stillhouse was 3' for the most part with about 5' in places near the bottom.

We went east of the entry point to the channel and followed it south for about 10 mins and then went west until we found the remains of the water plant. Poked around there for about 20 mins and then made our way slowly back to shore.

It was a very nice day to get in cold water. Warmed up quite nicely upon getting out.

Willie

I am a bit supprised that the vis was not better, is there still alge? What part of the lake is the old water plant in? I have dived this lake several times, and never heard of the water plant from anyone at the lake. Do you know if Edwin the dive shop owner knows where it is? Maby he can point me in the right direction next time I go south for a dive.

WesTexDiver:
I am a bit supprised that the vis was not better, is there still alge? What part of the lake is the old water plant in? I have dived this lake several times, and never heard of the water plant from anyone at the lake. Do you know if Edwin the dive shop owner knows where it is? Maby he can point me in the right direction next time I go south for a dive.

I'd have given it 5-10 ft (and 51 degrees) but that is probably because I could see willie's light so well. The old pump station is about 200 meters SE of the training platforms. But the surrounding area is pretty featureless so it is not hard to miss it entirely. If you would like to hit it some time when you are here, let me know and I will meet you there.

Edit to correct direction from SW to SE.

Sounds like fun, I will probably head to Stillhouse at least 6 times again this year once it begins to warm up. I will throw up a post before I head out.

WesTexDiver:
Sounds like fun, I will probably head to Stillhouse at least 6 times again this year once it begins to warm up. I will throw up a post before I head out.
I will look forward to meeting & diving with you sometime as well.

Willie

WesTexDiver:

next time your there talk to Edwin or Mike both are great guys and they can get you in the right direction to the water plant....................I am Jonsen to get into the water bbrrrrrr.

Steve courtemanche

I have not dove there, but looks interesting. Is the dive shop there located at the Marina inside the park? I'll have to stop by there on one of visits to Temple.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom