Stilleto - Length of inflator on XL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coco240

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

I just returned from diving in the south. Tried my brand new Stilleto BCD. I have one comment and one question.

Comment: This is a easy one. I had been diving for 11 years with a Mares Synchro Tec before retiring it. Searched everywhere for a replacement. Decided on the Stilleto mainly because of the weight system. (I have seen to many clip type weight bags at the bottom over the years). I have tried several models in the past. This is by far the best BCD I have ever tried. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Question: I am not sure that the dive shop gave me the right inflator hose (seems a bit short). What is the standard length with a XL BCD inflator?

Thanks,

Are you talking about the corrugated hose, or the hose that runs from the regulator to the power inflator? Ah, I will just answer both.... :)

For the rubber hose that attaches to the reg:

For sizes XS thru LG, the standard hose length is 28"

For sizes XL and up, the standard hose length is 30"

For the corrugated hose:

On sizes XS and SM, the standard hose length is 16"

On sizes MD and LG, the standard hose length is 19"

On sizes XL and up, the standard hose length is 23"

Keep in mind that there is a remote exhaust valve on the BC, and the cable runs inside that hose, so if you swap out the hose, you need to swap out the remote exhaust as well, or it won't function properly!

Thanks,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom