Still waiting for S&S DX-2G User reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from the Cayman Islands with my DX-2g. Images in Raw came out great!! I tried to post some pictures but file is to large.

Convert them to jpeg. 650 to 900 pixels as the longest side works pretty well for most people viewing.

My settings: jpeg quality 65-75ish, 650 pixels longest side, 72 dpi (Lightroom asks and it does make the file smaller ... gives me a file about 100kbs give or take which works for most people without being too slow.

Attached a photo, used the DX-2G with no flash and manual white balance saved in Raw.

Attachments

• Cayman Eel.jpg
    Cayman Eel.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 46
Another picture taken with the DX-2G.(just like the last picture - No strobe just internal flash, sea&sea setting, manual white balance and raw)

Attachments

• Cayman coral.jpg
    Cayman coral.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 37
Hi Slkay
Color correction looks good. At what depth are these pictures taken?
Given the fact that you are shooting raw I don't think you need the Sea&Sea setting or manual white balance. Raw means that the unprocessed pixels are saved to the memory card; the Sea&Sea setting and manual white balance are only used to process (color correct) the small JPEG-file.
How did you do the color correction on the raw file? I always use the dropper in Adobe Photoshop to click on a neutral or white part of the photo. This gives instantly correct colors in most cases.

Hi Slkay
I always use the dropper in Adobe Photoshop to click on a neutral or white part of the photo. This gives instantly correct colors in most cases.

What version of Photoshop are you using? I have CS2 and haven't seen "the dropper". I usually just go into adjustments and alter the curves, color, contrast, etc. from there. Also because I'm using CS2, I have to convert my RAW images to TIFF's before being able to open them. Do you know of any work arounds for this? I have looked all over the internet and can't seem to find any RAW extensions for CS2.

The shots were taken at a depth between 40-50ft. I just used the eye dropper in Aperture and select the white/grey slate that I use for setting the white balance.

FrankPro1
I am currently using CS4, but the dropper is also present in CS2 provided you have support for RAW-pictures. I worked with Nikon DS70 Raw images (NEF-format) and Sea&Sea DX-1G (DNG-format) in CS2; DNG-support is present in Adobe Photoshop out of the box. For the Nikon DS70 I had to download a plugin from the Adobe site. A work-around could be to download the convertor to DNG from the Adobe website if that is available for your type of RAW-format.
Check the Adobe link for updates for your CS2-version.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom