Still alive, modified center balanced regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lexvil

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Don’t even know how many dives I have on the D 420 since the 104 o ring seat mod it’s still ticking along and delivering all the air I can use effortlessly, also went back to a AIR1 second with the same seat.
A0F390FB-AF03-4F83-A5EE-650F5F1CCB94.jpeg
2410A4E6-39EA-402E-98E2-73F48802DFE1.jpeg

happy holidays to all, yes even you. :wink:

That is such awesome news!
Thanks, Lex!
This one from your other thread?
Silicone duro 70, with the tiny oring above it in the cap? And what cement did you settle on?
DF7E5B6D-E911-46B0-834C-DD7560C3F66B.jpeg

That is such awesome news!
Thanks, Lex!
This one from your other thread?
Silicone duro 70, with the tiny oring above it in the cap? And what cement did you settle on? View attachment 694137
I don’t know how I missed this; I did use the tiny shaft seal oring all glued in with black silicone adhesive which I think I bought at Napa auto parts, permeated or GE brand, don’t recall which.

I don’t know how I missed this; I did use the tiny shaft seal oring all glued in with black silicone adhesive which I think I bought at Napa auto parts, permeated or GE brand, don’t recall which.
Glad to see someone else fixing something like that with a bit of glue and oring:wink:
Not sure I would use rtv silicone, (I hate the stuff)
I like (Right stuff) is similar to silicone but much nicer, its amazing what it will glue,
Sometimes I thin it with some paint thinner for special projects,

Glad to see someone else fixing something like that with a bit of glue and oring:wink:
Not sure I would use rtv silicone, (I hate the stuff)
I like (Right stuff) is similar to silicone but much nicer, its amazing what it will glue,
Sometimes I thin it with some paint thinner for special projects,
RTV adhesive it a bit different than plain old RTV, feels the same and working is the same but the bond is much higher.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom