Still alive and well in Curacao...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatexastony

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Dee, need an i.d. on this lobster, Bren left her books at home...
P6215158.JPG

octipus
P6215124.JPG

seahorse
P6114953.JPG

scorpion
P6114916.JPG

Get to go home the first of July and see Grandbabies!

tony & Bren

Very nice! By the way, I think the lobster's name is Gertrude, but she answers to Gerty.

Yup...it's a Slipper Lobster. Can you hunt them there? Catch you one if you can....they taste a lot better/sweeter than the 'regular' lobster.

Can't believe it's time for ya'll to come home again. Tell Bren to call me when ya get home!

I saw two of them on one dive last month in Bonaire. I was told it is a sculptured slipper lobster. I am not sure if a slipper lobster is different. Pictures on the internet of a slipper lobster look different.

I was also told be several people on shore as well as in the dive shop (as I described te lobster) that it is extremely rare to see. Of course since this was my final dive in Bonaire I left my camera in the room. I two of these things I did not get a picture.

Jim

Jim's right, it's a Sculptured Slipper Lobster. There's also a Spanish lobster that looks similar but with a smooth shell, no 'fringies' and growths and is a darker mottled brown.

Tony I think I hate you......sorry bad PBD (Post Bonaire Depression) flare up :) ....Nice pictures.
I will wave as I fly over in a few weeks, heading to Bonaire to treat the PBD. Good to hear you still doing well.

herman:
Tony I think I hate you......sorry bad PBD (Post Bonaire Depression) flare up :) ....Nice pictures.
I will wave as I fly over in a few weeks, heading to Bonaire to treat the PBD. Good to hear you still doing well.

Hey Herman! Glad to hear you're in for a BDF (Bonaire Dive Fix) to relieve the PBD. Almost any WCCW (warm clear carribean water) will substain you for a bit, but pure Bonaire H20 can't be beat, or so I'm told. It sure beats some BT at the LMH (local mud hole) or LDS (local dive site), not to be confused with the LDS proper; but some times just looking at new gear can help.

When you headed down, or over, as the case may be?

tony

Last week in July. The PBD is really bad now, I have the actual tickets in my hands....I need an amstel.

Back
Top Bottom