Stiletto Inflator Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
After 400 dives the inflator hose on my Stiletto is beginning to leak. The red o-ring on the inside of the quick-release is slightly compressed. Can I replace this with a generic ring and what size do I need?

After 400 dives the inflator hose on my Stiletto is beginning to leak. The red o-ring on the inside of the quick-release is slightly compressed. Can I replace this with a generic ring and what size do I need?

Is the hose leaking or the quick dump valve on the shoulder?

The leak is definitely from the inside of the inflator hose.

replacement hose? I'd say on 400 dives, you got your moneys worth. :D

Good Luck!

Joe

when was the last time that you got your regulator serviced? replacing that O-ring is standard procedure for any regulator rebuild, if your shop isn't doing that then you need to find a new shop to service your gear as its just the visible evidence of them half-a$$'ing the rest of the job.

I believe that is a standard 010 buna o-ring, if you use nitrox you can use viton, but there really isn't any need for that. this of course is assuming that the hose itself is in good condition and not cracking or rotting, in which case, just replace the hose

You can purchase save-o-dive kits, and they generally include a ton of orings in various sizes. You could also go into your LDS, and ask them for an oring. They might charge you a buck, but so what.

After 400 dives, it may not be a bad idea just to get a new inflator hose. I think they are under $30, likely under $20.

Back
Top Bottom