stiff jet fins or softer jetfins???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i have a friend selling me the older model jetfins which is much stiffer than the newer jetfins. apparently the newer jetfins are not as stiff. which should i get? i know the older ones are suppose to be better but require stronger legs and takes some time getting used to as opposed to the friendlier new ones? am i making sense??

There are Jet Fins and Lightning Jet Fins. Jet Fins were replaced by Lightning Jet Fins in the late 70s/early 80s. Usually when someone refers to Jet Fins, they really mean Lightning Jet Fins because the switch was made about 25 years ago. Lightning Jet Fins are all that are available (unless you buy an extremely old pair of used fins) today. Lightning Jet Fins are superior to Jet Fins. You can tell the difference by simply looking for the lightning bolt on the top running through the Scubapro logo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom