STICKY? What does it mean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PARADISE HUNTER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
O.K. I know I am opening myself up to a lot of crude comments with this title.

I am new to the bulletin board style websites and have noticed this "STICKY" on other sites and wondered about it. Most forums seem to open up with them at the top and they seem to all have important and relevant subject matter. But what it the orgin of the name "STICKY"? What are the criteria that makes a thread "STICKY"? These threads are posted by different members, so who changes their status?:huh:

I am just curious, I have no agenda with this.

Thanks.

PARADISE HUNTER:
But what it the orgin of the name "STICKY"? What are the criteria that makes a thread "STICKY"?
Looks like you answered your own question... :)

PARADISE HUNTER:
Most forums seem to open up with them at the top and they seem to all have important and relevant subject matter.

PARADISE HUNTER:
Most forums seem to open up with them at the top and they seem to all have important and relevant subject matter. These threads are posted by different members, so who changes their status?:huh:
All Moderators can do this.

Gracias alcina. I should have been able to figure that out.

El Orans...How does one become a Moderator of a forum?

Thanks again El Orans. I am trying to understand this online community better. It has been alot of fun and educating. I am addicted.

Interesting info on the "mods" link... El Orans. I had never even entertained the thought of how a mod gets to be a mod... but now I know! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom