Sticky Threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwlmgold

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Having followed this forum for a while, I have seen multiple versions of the same issue addressed many times. As a result, it would seem that a few sticky threads would be appropriate. Candidates:

1) I just unboxed my GoPro, now what?
2) What else should I have?
3) What settings should I use?
4) How do you do post production?
5) (Dare I mention it) Which red filter should I use?

There are probably more.

This issue generated a thread in the suggestions forum of Scuba board for a rather narrow topic last October. The sysop responded "we don't do this". A while ago, I added a post there asking to revisit the idea for this forum. There was no response.

Kudos to those who tirelessly respond to all these issues when they occur, but there has to be a better way. As new users will not use a search function, perhaps we can work a few sticky threads from this side.

dwmlgold, there actually are a set of reasons why we don't sticky discussions like that. One is that things change with time -- what is the best red filter today may not be tomorrow's best option. In addition, reopening topics can bring in opinions from people who didn't read the first thread, so the body of information can be different or bigger on a later runthrough. And the final reason is that boards like this exist for people to talk to one another. There are only so many topics in any area; if we simply wrote a sticky on everything, what point would the board have?

Back
Top Bottom