Stickers on AL80 tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AevnsGrandpa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I know there is more an one thread out there if it is ok to put stickers on a AL80, but I want to take off the ones that are on mine. Just bought it off a friend and I hate smiley faces!!

Right now I have about 1500 psi in it, would it be ok to use a hair dryer to warm up the sticker so it comes off beter?

Thanks!

Jeff

A little rubbing alcohol or mineral spririts on a rag will help get rid of the residue.

drop it off for a VIP at a shop that does a proper VIP, all stickers will be removed if they are doing it correctly and you get it VIP'd for another year!

Less work for you that way!

hehe I keep getting yelled at for messing up people's pretty stickers though.

MilitantMedic:
hehe I keep getting yelled at for messing up people's pretty stickers though.

I explain it's like taking your car for a brake job, paying for it and not having the pads changed. They should be upset if you don't remove all the stickers.

cerich:
I explain it's like taking your car for a brake job, paying for it and not having the pads changed. They should be upset if you don't remove all the stickers.

I get chewed out by the odd customer now and again for removing all the geh stickers too. Oh well, not my rules is what I usualy say.

One explination I got when finished with a vip-the guy who owned the tank wanted a "record" of all the vips. Some people want them to stay on...but cerich is right, if its done correctly all stickers come off.

Goof off works great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom