Stella Maris Resort on Long Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richardbrown77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all - Looking for a little input from people. Myself and the wife (non diver) and our 20 month old son are looking at possibly going to Stella Maris Resort for 7 days (approx) on Long Island and had a couple of questions

1. What else is there to do at the resort/near the resort for non divers?
2. We have a 20 month old son and were wondering, would it be a good place for him to go, is it family appropriate? As much as we want stuff to do we also don't want to be the the only family there and be 'those people'.

Thank you for your input in advance

I realize that this is a bit late, but Stella Maris would be fine for a small family. My wife and I stayed there a few years ago, and there were several families at the hotel and in some of the rental properties. However, don't expect much night life. There is very little shopping, and what there is is quite spread out, requiring a vehicle to take advantage of it. However, much of Long Island is one huge beach, and you can rent a car at the resort and head up or down the Queen's Highway. Many of the side roads going west come out on lovely and mostly deserted beaches, with gentle waves and shallow water. The beaches on the east side are more rugged, with larger surf and rocks and sand intermixed, but are still beautiful in a different way.

I can't say much more except to explore the island for yourself. That is what we have been doing on each trip. We have been there 5 times now, and our new beach home down south is almost finished. We hope to become permanent residents within the next 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom