steel aluminum tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miami_Diver:
Double-wings is different than dual-bladder though, right?

I meant dual bladder.

Doubles wings are designed to float a double tank configuration which is not the same as dual or double bladder wings.

Here is a quote from Bob Cooper:

Bob Cooper:
The DIR diver makes use of a simple set of wings with generally no more than 55 pounds of lift. The wings are not restrained by elastic cords and are free to wrap around the cylinders providing the buoyancy where it is need without trapping gas. This system facilitates a streamlined posture and the all-important horizontal ‘trim’.

Double Bladder wings are not DIR. They are generally in the 80lbs+ of lift variety, and are considered larger than needed, and unnecessary in DIR.

I mention the double bladder configuration only to answer the question. The answer is NOT subject to debate, and I would encourage folks who are interested in a Dual or Double bladder configuration to post in the appropriate non-DIR forum.

hello guys

just 1 simple question
i need DIR answer please

why DIR dont use Double bladder BCs

thanks

sulaiman:
hello guys

just 1 simple question
i need DIR answer please

why DIR dont use Double bladder BCs

thanks

Because DIR divers don't use tank/exposure suit combinations that require a redundant bladder.

This topic has been discussed ad nauseum. Please use the search feature.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom