Stealth Light HID review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubanarc once bubbled...
Glad to hear your happy with your purchase!! Its nice to be able to buy something of better quality for $250 less. The funny thing though, is there still people out there that would spend the extra $250 just to have the Halcyon/EE's/Helios name on their light. Even know their buying a clone.

I think some people are willing to spend the extra money for the incredible service that Halcyon gives. That, and the fact that it's a known commodity. I never heard of this Dan guy before this thread. Might be a great unit (sounds like it), but then again, might not. Anybody had to service a unit with him yet?

:)

I would go along with DD here, that the higher cost one pays is because, from my experience they stand behind their products 100%. If you know this guy, great, but everyone does not, and that is why Halcyon is present.

GI is not involved with the business end of Halcyon or EE so I am not sure why you toss him into the mix. Your experiences with EE/Halcyon and the problems you have seem to be quite contrary to the overwhelming majority of what I have experienced personally and read many times over.

If those experiences were typical, I nor most people would trust and use EE/Halcyon products, period.

Saying that no one will bad mouth Halcyon because of DIR is ridiculous. It would be all over Techdiver et al.

What does this mean?

"All and all your going to have problems with products that no one else has had."

What does "DIR Holy Roller" have to do with Halcyon or EEs products?

Tommy

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. The "non-Halcyon" part of the light is the canister and battery - it's a delrin canister, 1/4" thick, with only 3 possible physical failure points - the o-ring sealing the canister, the switch, which is a heavy duty one, and the point where the cord enters the lighthead,and I can't see any flaws in the contruction. I had it down to 65' on it's first dive (shallow by some standards I know), but which is still 3 ATA - surely enough pressure to show up any manufacturing defect. There was none. So what's the big deal over the canister not being a "known" product? For 95% of recreational divers, Halcyon isn't a known product! Having bought, handled, and dived the light, the only problems I can foresee is a mishandled lighthead resulting in a broken bulb!

No one minded when Canadian Extreme started producing delrin backup lights, which are now popular on this board. Why? Because Darren from CE produces a great product! I think I was one of the first people on this board using CE lights (or at least mentioned it), because I found them on eBay. Were they a known product? No. No one worries about their CE lights failing because they're not Halcyon, right? And that's why we carry backup lights, isn't it? To have a near-failproof source of lighting in the event of a primary failure?

I like my light and I'm going to keep diving it. If anyone wants to go and spend $280 more for a battery pack because it's got a name brand associated with it, go for it. I'm spending my saved money on going diving. I've got me a 10W HID and I'm happy.

Ben

tombiowami,
Like I said before I shouldnt of said any thing. Your right and I'm wrong. I have edited my post because I want to be follower too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom